From non-slip adhesives in your bathtub to specialized products all over your home or business, HandyPro professionals are uniquely skilled in delivering construction modifications for seniors. HandyPro has direct-buy relationships with manufacturers specializing in products for seniors and the disabled. Consumer Investigator Dale Cardwell, president of TRUSTDale.com, trusts HandyPro to cut out the middle-man and pass the savings on to clients! Click HERE to receive your exclusive HandyPro/TRUSTDale Deal of 10% OFF any job up to $1,000! Plus, you get the TRUSTDale Make It Right Guarantee!
|TRUSTDale Tip of the Day: *Things Seniors Can Do To Prevent Falls|
- Exercise regularly. Exercise makes you stronger and improves your balance and coordination.
- Have your doctor or pharmacist look at all the medicines you take, even over-the-counter medicines. Some medicines can make you sleepy or dizzy.
- Have your vision checked at least once a year by an eye doctor. Poor vision can increase your risk of falling.
- Get up slowly after you sit or lie down.
- Wear sturdy shoes with thin, non-slip soles. Avoid slippers and running shoes with thick soles.
- Improve the lighting in your home. Use brighter light bulbs (at least 60 watts). Use lamp shades or frosted bulbs to reduce glare.
- Use reflecting tape at the top and bottom of the stairs so you can see them better.
- Paint doorsills a different color to prevent tripping.
Other Safety Tips
- Keep emergency numbers in large print near each phone.
- Put a phone near the floor in case you fall and can't get up.
- Consider wearing an alarm device that will bring help in case you fall and can't get up.