You can drive hundreds of miles and/or fax dozens of offers, but if you want to save time and money, buy from Gwinnett Place Nissan! Consumer Investigator Dale Cardwell, president of TRUSTDale.com, trusts Gwinnett Place Nissan to price their vehicles lower than their competition. Click HERE for your Gwinnett Place Nissan/TD Advertising Reimbursement of $200 when you fill out the brief form at trustdale.com and while you're there, see TODAY'S Deals at Gwinnett Place Nissan! Plus, you get the Gwinnett Place Nissan/TD Make It Right Guarantee!
TRUSTDale Tip of the Day: *Tips to Extend the Life of your Car
| Care and Maintenance Tips Keep Your Car Running in Top-Notch Condition|
We've compiled our best expert advice, surprising tricks, and car care tips to prolong the life of your automobile!
Preserve your car during long-term storage
If you are not going to use your car for more than a month, store it properly to prevent unnecessary damage and repairs upon your return.
- Fill the gas tank to help prevent condensation from accumulating in the gas tank. Add a fuel stabilizer and drive the car around a bit to distribute the additive to engine parts.
- Wash and wax the car thoroughly to protect the finish.
- Place a vapor barrier on your garage floor. A 4-mil polyethylene drop cloth will do.
- Disengage the parking brake to help avoid brake corrosion.
- Put the car on jack stands to take the weight of the vehicle off the wheels and tires.
- Disconnect and remove the battery to keep it from draining. Place the battery on a trickle-type charger. Or periodically drain the battery, using a small light bulb, and then recharge it with a low-volt charger.
- Plug the tailpipe with a rag to prevent moist air from infiltrating into it.