Most of us have no idea what goes in to protecting your home from termites. Pest control is a very competitive business. You can find dozens of companies that will quote you a cheap price for termite and bug protection. Cheap seems great, until you discover their treatment didn't work, and the cheap company's warranty is no good. Allgood's prices are fair, but their guaranteed protection is priceless. Consumer Investigator Dale Cardwell, president of TRUSTDale.com, trusts Allgood Pest Solutions to eliminate your pests, protect your home and family, and deliver it all for an honest price. Click HERE to receive your exclusive Allgood Pest Solutions/TD Deal of $150.00 off your termite treatment! Plus, you get the TD/Allgood Make It Right Guarantee!
TRUSTDale Tip of the Day: *Don't Let Winter Pests Cozy Up to Your Home
|Humans aren't the only creatures seeking warmth and shelter during winter's harsh temperatures and snow. Many pests make their way indoors in search of food and nesting spots, according to the National Pest Management Association.|
Mice, one of the most common winter pests, can enter homes through openings as small as the size of a dime. Once inside, mice are capable of chewing through walls, electrical wires and baseboards and breed at alarming rates - producing as many as a dozen babies every three weeks.
"A few simple maintenance measures can go a long way in keeping unwanted winter visitors out of homes this winter," advised Missy Henriksen, vice president of public affairs for the NPMA. "If your home has experienced any sort of damage from storms or just regular wear and tear, now is the time to take stock and make the necessary repairs."
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of the home, including areas where utilities and pipes enter the structure, using caulk and/or steel wool.
- Screen vents and openings to chimneys.
- Keep attics, basements and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry.
- Replace loose mortar and weather-stripping around the basement foundation and windows.
- Eliminate all moisture sites, including leaking pipes and clogged drains.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from the house; keep shrubbery well trimmed.