HandyPro has direct-buy relationships with manufacturers specializing in products for seniors and the disabled. From non-slip adhesives in your bathtub to specialized products all over your home or business, HandyPro will give you results that will fit your needs! Consumer Investigator Dale Cardwell, president of TRUSTDale.com, trusts HandyPro to deliver superior customer service. Click HERE to receive your exclusive HandyPro/TD Deal of 10% off any job up to $1,000! Plus, you get the TRUSTDale Make It Right Guarantee!
TRUSTDale Tip of the Day: *How can older adults prevent falls?
|Older adults can remain independent and reduce their chances of falling. They can:|
- Exercise regularly. It is important that the exercises focus on increasing leg strength and improving balance, and that they get more challenging over time. Tai Chi programs are especially good.
- Ask their doctor or pharmacist to review their medicines-both prescription and over-the counter-to identify medicines that may cause side effects or interactions such as dizziness or drowsiness.
- Have their eyes checked by an eye doctor at least once a year and update their eyeglasses to maximize their vision. Consider getting a pair with single vision distance lenses for some activities such as walking outside.
- Make their homes safer by reducing tripping hazards, adding grab bars inside and outside the tub or shower and next to the toilet, adding stair railings and improving the lighting in their homes.
To lower their hip fracture risk, older adults can:
- Get adequate calcium and vitamin D-from food and/or from supplements.
- Do weight bearing exercise.
- Get screened and treated for osteoporosis.