AAMCO Total Car Care
AAMCO Total Car Care is TRUSTDale Certified.
About AAMCO Total Car Care:
AAMCO is the largest transmission repair and service specialists with centers all across the United States and Canada. They are not only the experts on your transmission, but diagnose and treat any problems you may be having with your car. AAMCO offers a thorough multi-point inspection, warranties, and repair for your brakes, engine, air conditioning, and more.
You can always find someone who will do something for less, but the TrustDale investigation has discovered that when it comes to car repair, cheaper isn't always better. AAMCO's labor rate is competitive to everyone in the area. If you call or click on these selected AAMCOs, you'll get up to a $100.00 discount off their already low prices.
Shops can save money using lesser quality parts, or by not replacing all the parts necessary for a quality repair. AAMCO builds transmissions so they're fixed right the first time, and they back them with the best warranty in the business. The AAMCOs listed on TrustDale* are doubling AAMCO's market-leading warranty if you ask for it in person or online.
*(see map by clicking the Business Profile tab above)
TrustDale is convinced your visit to the listed AAMCOs will be pleasant, and your repair will be efficient and professional. What's more, with nearly 1,000 centers nationwide, AAMCO stands behind your warranty. Each center is committed to giving you prompt, courteous warranty service should you ever need it. Click the following link to read double warranty limitation. The "double" warranty applies only to the AAMCOs listed on the TrustDale site. If your car is outside AAMCO's standard nation-wide warranty, and you've asked for the TD "double" warranty, the work must be performed at the AAMCO where the work was first performed.
TrustDale Certified Partners are Indicated by the TrustDale Certified Partner Symbol.
What is the TRUSTDale Investigative Process & the Make it Right Guarantee?
7-Point Investigative Review
The TrustDale Investigative Process is completed through a personal interview with the business owner or representative, a completed application, public records search, and secret shopping. TrustDale disclaims any liability for any and all inadvertent inaccuracies.
- Price: The Company must price its main product or products competitively (unless there is a significant difference in the quality of the product). The Company must honor the price it advertises, and not use unavailable products to lure and trap customers into more expensive products.
- Verified Reputation & Customer Service: The performance of each company is continually and systematically reviewed for delivery of excellent customer service. This is achieved by conducting follow up surveys of customers who have contacted recommended service providers.
- What Would Cardwell Do: Dale Cardwell developed a proven standard of consumer fairness through thousands of real-world problem-solving experiences. This created the basis for “What Would Cardwell Do?” in regard to whether Dale would choose to personally do business with this Company.
- Governor’s Office of Consumer Affairs, Consumer Publications, FTC: Each Company is reviewed through the pertinent agencies and publications.
- Licensing, Professional Certification, Insurance and Bonding: Each Company is reviewed for proper professional credentialing.
- Lawsuit Search and Review: A review of the Company’s litigation history is completed to assure no history of unprofessional or illegal business practices.
- “Make it Right Guarantee”: The Company agrees to accept and abide by TrustDale’s Make it Right Guarantee.
Make it Right Guarantee
Certified businesses must agree in writing to accept and abide by the following:
- Customers have a right to extraordinary customer service.
- My current warranty and customer service are among the best available in the field.
- I ensure complete customer satisfaction, by offering the TrustDale Make It Right guarantee.
- The TrustDale Guarantee becomes valid when a customer contacts the vendor through TrustDale, or confirms his purchase on TrustDale.com within 24 hours of the transaction.
- The TrustDale Guarantee states that if the customer is dissatisfied with a product, repair or customer service, the customer will first employ the avenues of redress made available by the business’ customer service agreement. In the event that at the conclusion of the process the customer remains dissatisfied, he/she will have the right to take the grievance to TrustDale.
- I will allow TrustDale and an independent expert in the field to review the customer’s complaint. If upon conclusion of review, the independent expert and Dale agree that the customer’s position is justified, I agree to abide by the recommendation of TrustDale to Make It Right.
- Make It Right means the vendor will repair/replace the product as recommended by TrustDale, or will pay for the product to be repaired or replaced, or will reimburse the customer for the cost of the repair/product at a price up to, but not to exceed, the original price paid by the customer.
~ Robert Hudson, Sparta Ga.