50 Floor is TRUSTDale Certified.
The TRUSTDale Deal
Complete this form to request your TRUSTDale deal.
TrustDale's investigation found that most names you recognize in flooring substantially mark up prices to pay for their huge television, radio, billboard and mailer advertising campaigns. 50 Floor's approach to pricing is to provide the best service and quality at the lowest possible price. They accomplish this by selling high volume and running a tight ship to keep overhead very low. This formula allows 50 Floor to pass the savings on to you. This disciplined approach has created great word of mouth advertising and a reputation that caught the attention and earned the respect of the TrustDale team.
Unlike most big name competitors, 50 Floor buys direct from the top-name flooring manufacturers and know the products they are installing for you, the customer, are the very best on the market and are backed by the best warranties. Their professional and friendly installers operate as a family, and observing them in action makes it obvious they've been working together for years. TrustDale's investigation finds you can really tell the difference when the installers care deeply about quality workmanship.
50 Floor is obsessed with having the best customer service in the business. They are a family owned company, and it shows from the moment you first talk to them. Their friendly staff aims to please, and they never make you deal with an automated system. Their personal touch caught the attention of the TrustDale team and clearly separates them from their competitors. When they finish with your job, you'll want to hug them, and invite them back! What's more, your double protected by the TrustDale Make It Right Guarantee!
Jonesboro, GA 30236
What is the TRUSTDale Investigative Process & the Make it Right Guarantee?
7-Point Investigative Review
The TrustDale Investigative Process is completed through a personal interview with the business owner or representative, a completed application, public records search, and secret shopping. TrustDale disclaims any liability for any and all inadvertent inaccuracies.
- Price: The Company must price its main product or products competitively (unless there is a significant difference in the quality of the product). The Company must honor the price it advertises, and not use unavailable products to lure and trap customers into more expensive products.
- Verified Reputation & Customer Service: The performance of each company is continually and systematically reviewed for delivery of excellent customer service. This is achieved by conducting follow up surveys of customers who have contacted recommended service providers.
- What Would Cardwell Do: Dale Cardwell developed a proven standard of consumer fairness through thousands of real-world problem-solving experiences. This created the basis for “What Would Cardwell Do?” in regard to whether Dale would choose to personally do business with this Company.
- Governor’s Office of Consumer Affairs, Consumer Publications, FTC: Each Company is reviewed through the pertinent agencies and publications.
- Licensing, Professional Certification, Insurance and Bonding: Each Company is reviewed for proper professional credentialing.
- Lawsuit Search and Review: A review of the Company’s litigation history is completed to assure no history of unprofessional or illegal business practices.
- “Make it Right Guarantee”: The Company agrees to accept and abide by TrustDale’s Make it Right Guarantee.
Make it Right Guarantee
Certified businesses must agree in writing to accept and abide by the following:
- Customers have a right to extraordinary customer service.
- My current warranty and customer service are among the best available in the field.
- I ensure complete customer satisfaction, by offering the TrustDale Make It Right guarantee.
- The TrustDale Guarantee becomes valid when a customer contacts the vendor through TrustDale, or confirms his purchase on TrustDale.com within 24 hours of the transaction.
- The TrustDale Guarantee states that if the customer is dissatisfied with a product, repair or customer service, the customer will first employ the avenues of redress made available by the business’ customer service agreement. In the event that at the conclusion of the process the customer remains dissatisfied, he/she will have the right to take the grievance to TrustDale.
- I will allow TrustDale and an independent expert in the field to review the customer’s complaint. If upon conclusion of review, the independent expert and Dale agree that the customer’s position is justified, I agree to abide by the recommendation of TrustDale to Make It Right.
- Make It Right means the vendor will repair/replace the product as recommended by TrustDale, or will pay for the product to be repaired or replaced, or will reimburse the customer for the cost of the repair/product at a price up to, but not to exceed, the original price paid by the customer.